Did you or your children watch the Punky Brewster show back in the mid-80s? My daughter was a huge fan! I thought she was pretty cute, too. When the show was out of syndication in 1988, my son was a newborn and I lost track of Punky.
Punky Brewster, Soleil Moon Frye, grew up when I wasn’t looking. Fast forward to today:
- She’s a mom of two girls, Poet, 6 and Jagger, 3.
- She has a history of many television show appearances and roles in movies made for television.
- She educated herself and became a writer and director.
- Her documentary, Sonny Boy, won Best Documentary at the 2004 San Diego Film Festival.
- She has created a blog site, moonfrye, for providing support to other young mothers by giving you a glimpse into her world and those of her guest bloggers. Happy chaos is how she describes motherhood.
- She has written a book, Happy Chaos, for moms everywhere.
Please watch this excellent short video interview with Soleil:
Once a sweet and spunky little girl, today she’s a beautiful young woman better known as an entrepreneur and social media maven. The co-owner of Little Seed, a green children’s boutique that just launched a line with Target, lives in Los Angeles with her family.
I invite you to visit Soleil’s site and check out her book, whether you’re a young or older mom.
You know I love hearing from you and anxiously await your comments.
Are you a young mom, or even a Grandma, looking for others like you to confide in or get support?