Hello! I’ve lived most of my life in my home state of New York. Born to a lawyer and an artist, I grew up in the midst of a push-pull of child-rearing ideologies – structure and responsibility vs. free thinking and creativity. On top of that, I’m a “middle child” and a former “flower child” of the ’60s.
My growing years served me well – I learned:
- The power of independence
- That boredom is the perfect space to practice creative activities
- Doing good for others not only serves them, but it serves you, as well
- It’s important and satisfying to continually learn new things
By the time I turned 21, I knew:
- How to write a short poem and very short memoirs
- How to draw – the toughest part was drawing eyes and making both eyes look like they belonged together on the face
- How to sew – I made my Junior Prom dress and a skirt to wear to school (In my day, girls were not allowed to wear slacks to school)
- How to Macrame (everyone I knew was lucky the recipient of a macrame plant hanger), cross-stitch and other needle arts
- Studying to become an architect was my dream, though it went unfulfilled
- That reading books was the very best pastime – my faves were biographies, all of the required reading in high school and books that were later made into movies, like Rosemary’s Baby. The book was better, in my opinion.
- My uncle, a business owner, taught me what a great employee is, and all the small details of managing a business. This was the seed that planted and grew my desire to become an entrepreneur.
My real education began:
My first blog, Sage Seeds, 2004, offered encouragement and inspiration for all areas of life. It was a broad topic but it worked. My subscribers and I learned a lot.
Several WordPress websites with blogs since then, all were successful in meeting my goals. Without advertising, I landed several Proofreading jobs from my site, Sexy, Smart and Strong Women.
I have experience in:
- writing fiction and nonfiction, newsletters, articles, essays, flyers, obituaries, editorials, and resumes.
- affiliate marketing
- social media marketing
- artistic experience: creating and selling needle arts, drawing, painting, teaching cooking classes
- managing people and businesses
- excellent organizational skills
I am available to:
- write blog posts in a voice that suits your blog type – lifestyle, mom, frugal living, motivation/inspiration, etc.
- proofread your website’s posts and pages
I am also available for one-on-one Coaching to help you create a website with a killer blog that will attract the followers/clients you want.
- How to choose your blog’s purpose
- How to create a title for your blog/website that hooks readers
- How to create the smartest website URL for your business
- The best ways to grow your blog and social media sites
- I will install a free WordPress site and customize it for you within the parameters of the theme
- How to write blog posts that won’t bore your readers and how to get them to subscribe
- How to write a welcoming About page
I look forward to meeting you. We’ll have a great time working together!
If you are in need of any of these services, you may reach me by using my Contact Form HERE.