On May 27, 2011, I stumbled on Jess Witkins’, Happiness Project. Her post was “The List” which laid out her goals for the next year when she would turn 26 yrs old. She was inspired by Emily Jane’s “26 before 26″ list.
I loved her and her list immediately! This was my comment:
“Hi Jess! I love the list. It’s no more boring than anyone else’s would be. What would you think about starting a community of writers who keep a list like this to work on over a 12 month period? Let me know what you think.”
“I’m for a support network of writers making goals and holding each other accountable and realistic as we go out to achieve them. Shoot me an e-mail with ideas on how you think we could organize it.”
And so, The Life List Club was born.
Our first posts published on July 1, 2011. My post, Welcome to the The Life List Club Kickoff! and Jess’ post, New Writer’s Network: The Life List Club introduced the LLC to all of our readers. Our first 3 writers joined us in writing posts over the course of that month: Jennie Bennett, Sonia Medeiros and Gene Lempp.
So many more amazing writers followed and helped build the LLC to what it is today. Jess and I appreciate their contributions and value the friendships we’ve grown over the past year.
I’m ready to have a go at another year of the Life List Club. I know Jess and our contributing writers will stand with me.
Are you with us?
Good! Now it’s time to grab a beverage of your choice (I’m having a Martini) and something chocolate. Get comfy on the couch while I fill you in on the progress I’ve made in one year. Feel free to open a window to the Life List I wrote last July 1st to compare.
I’ll keep this part short:
Thanks to sticking with ROW80 for 3 1/2 rounds, I’ve completed the first draft of my novella. I’ve learned so much about writing, social media, marketing and publishing from reading excellent blogs, taking several online classes (currently taking a Holly Lisle class!) and being part of a few amazing groups of the most generous, supportive and knowledgeable men and women.
I have not been able to attend a writer’s conference yet, nor have I attempted making a podcast or book trailer. They will be moved to my 2012/2013 Life List.
In the past 12 months, I’ve read a total of 51 books. By July 1st, the total will be 53. Woohoo!
The household chores are more evenly split between hubs and I. We spend a generous amount of time together daily talking, laughing and dining. Everyday is a gift and I’m so grateful to spend it with him.
In the realm of fitness, I’ve lost a few pounds, refined my meal plans and finally figured out a workout routine that actually works for me!
My 2012/2013 Life List:
1. No more cheater-readers. I can tell my eyes have finally reached the point where I need REAL glasses because I’m leaning closer to the laptop screen than ever before.
2. Get my novella, The Sins of Eve, published by the end of August, 2012.
3. Write and publish the sequel, The Salvation of Eve, by the end of December, 2012.
4. Plot and write my series, Harleigh McAllister, Book 1, by January 31, 2013.
5. Learn how to do a podcast and book trailer for Eve and Harleigh books.
6. Take a mini-vacation during the Fall of 2012.
7. Clean basement and attic, gathering and selling household items and furniture we won’t need, in preparation for moving (hopefully) in 2013.
8. Paint my dozen chairs and other assorted glass and wood decorator pieces and sell them.
9. Continue my resolve to live in the moment, notice and appreciate the little things, play, and show my husband how much he’s appreciated every single day.
10. Continue to get fit…exercising twice a day most days and eating healthy, with a goal of dropping 50 pounds by my 60th birthday, 12/12/12. Continue the fitness quest in 2013.
I have a teaser for you…a hint as to what my Harleigh series will be about. I spent the first 6 years of my adult life riding with a motorcycle club (not a gang). This was my theme song back in the early 1970s.
*Could someone pour me another Cosmo?*
To our LLC readers/members:
We have a special prize for one lucky commenter on the Life List Club Blog’s Milestone Party/Anniversary Post
The other writers may have a prize for one lucky commenter on his/her own blog, as well.
One more time you’ll have the pleasure of blog hopping the Life List Club to look for more prizes!
If you leave a comment on this blog, the LLC Blog and the other writer’s blogs, you would be entered to win several different prizes!
The winner at my Sexy, Smart and Strong Women Blog will be awarded
a $10 eGift Card
from Amazon or Barnes & Noble, winner’s choice
The comments must be received between 6 AM (EST) June 29th and midnight (EST) July 5th.
All of the the winners will be announced on Friday, July 6th at LLC and the writers’ blogs.
LLC Writers’ blogs:
When did you begin your Life List? Where are you on your progress meter? Please share. We love hearing from you!