Welcome to the 5th Edition of The RedHots!
The RedHots 2012 Recap
So Hot! vs So Not!
Jess and I have recovered somewhat – she from working insane hours through the holidays and me from recurring double ear infections.
We’re back to bring you the best and the worst of the RedHots’ 2012.
I loved all of our RedHot posts, even when Jess and I fought over the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy, (if you missed those fiery posts, you can read mine here). But, I have to choose where my deepest affections lie – with books/authors and learning something new.
Right out of the gate, Fabio proved to be a terrific writer. No wonder his book is doing so well! Here are his stats as of this writing:
- #51 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
- #70 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Dark Fantasy
His 38 reviewers have given his book 3-5 stars with 23 of the 38 being 5-star reviews. Whether you’ve read his book or not, you can give him a boost by clicking ‘Like’ on his product page and his author page. If you have read the book, writing a short, honest review can help others readers decide whether to buy it and can boost his ranking.
So, he not only has a great book worth reading but, we also learned he’s a brave adventurer!
- Fabio’s an engineer who magically creates YA fantasy fiction.
- He’s a dad. (’nuff said)
- Did you hear about his trapeze lessons?
- And he still loves heavy metal rock! ( My kind of music fan!)
Also SO HOT, was my interview with Feng Shui Placement Designer, Elisa Cashiola!
Here are a few things Elisa taught us about Feng Shui:
- “Feng Shui for the home is akin to acupuncture for the body. Clearing out clutter, moving objects around, changing colors, adding and taking out certain things can make a huge difference in the way a place feels.”
- “You want to strive for balance of the elements (fire, earth, metal, water, and wood) in any given room, rather than going to the extreme with one particular color or element. It can be overpowering and have a negative effect on people.”
- “It is so important for women to take care of and empower themselves! I see a lot of people wearing too much black and that is a negative and energetically draining color. A red or hot pink pair of panties is definitely much sexier than black ones! And the best part is no one has to know what colors are underneath, just you and that is what is empowering.”
- “As for the body, mind, and soul – detoxing with salt baths, herbal teas, certain foods to flush out toxins, as well as meditation, massages, yoga, writing out stuff in a journal, cutting back on sugar, alcohol, etc., seeking help from others for greater well-being are ways to improve our chi.”
Elisa’s website has so much more information. I especially make good use of her placement design grid. I now know where to keep my cash and how to keep the positive energy flowing into my home, not to mention the good that comes from a colorful wardrobe!
Learning new stuff is so much fun!
Onto the SO NOT pick of The RedHots – 2012
Jess’ and my shared review of the movie Hope Springs (which I keep calling Hope Floats because it seriously needs hope to be viewed), Hope Springs Onto The Bed Springs was fun to write and, I hope, fun to read.
I did like the movie more than Jess did, however, it just wasn’t a movie you’ll remember over the long haul as one you’d just die to see again.
Not. Even. Close.
I adore Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones for the great actors they are and it wasn’t their fault the movie was mediocre. If the production company chose lesser star quality, the movie may have sunken into oblivion.
When it comes out on DVD or Netflix and if you happen to be a woman over the age of 40, watch it. You will enjoy it. You ‘youngins’ under 40 out there might want to pass on this one.
What are your SO HOT and SO NOT picks for 2012? Please share in the comments. But before you go, Jess and I have a favor to ask of you.
We blog for YOU.
Without YOU, our blogs would be about as awesome as a pile of ‘doody’ on the sidewalk.
So, we’re asking YOU to tell us in the poll below what topics YOU want to read by The RedHots.
Did you vote for your favorite topics?
Feel free to add your own cool ideas!
One more thing – Everyone who signs up for 6 annual issues of SSS Hot News newsletter until midnight January 31st is eligible to win an Amazon gift card and a sampling of, my character, Sloane Reed’s favorite indulgence!
Now head on over to Jess’ place! I don’t want to spoil it for you but here’s a clue: she’s not black and white on her views–more like GREY!