Happy Birthday to me!
Today is my 60th birthday *cringing* and I’m happy to be participating in THE NEXT BIG THING blog hop so I don’t have to think about that awful number. Really, inside, I’m only about 35 and there are parts of my personality that are more like 19.
In fact, I hate the ever-rising numbers as indication of my years on this earth, so I doing away with numbers altogether!
I choose to mark my years by colors instead. My color for this year is Hot Pink! In fact that may continue to be my age/color for many years to come because that’s how I feel about myself. 60 sounds like an old lady in saggy stockings and dowdy housecoats. That is definitely NOT me! So, the next person who asks how old I am this year will be told, “I’m not old, I’m Hot Pink!”
Something tells me that makes me sound a little off my rocker, but I don’t care. I’d rather be kooky than old!
Now, the more sane and responsible adult in me is going to offer you an opportunity to join the blog hop or, at least check out all the blogs involved.
There is nothing more wonderful than the support of writer friends. that’s what this blog hop is all about! Let’s get out there and visit all the writers you know today, comment on their blogs and tweet them, too!
It’s a Blog-o-licious Blast!
So, Welcome to The Next Big Thing!
Hundreds of writers are participating in this blog hop which means you get to learn more about their works in progress!
My friend, Leslie Berry, recruited me to join all the fun and I hope you’ll stop over at her place soon to read about her work in progress!
I’ve just begun a new project so, HERE WE GO!
1- What is the working title of your book?
- Red Shield
2- Where did the idea come from for the book?
- From a local news story combined with an old suspense movie and a real-life romance.
3- What genre does your book fall under?
- Romantic suspense
4- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie
- Julianne Moore, Pierce Brosnan, George Clooney
5- What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
- A female security operative for an international gem trader must see a shipment arrive at its destination before a thief gets his hands on it and sets in motion a series of murders, including her own.
6- Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
- I will self-publish to retain control over all the elements from beginning to end…and for the satisfaction of doing it myself.
7- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
- The first draft is still in progress but, I expect it to take a total of 3 months.
8- What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
- Any suspense story by Sandra Brown, Jeffrey Deaver, or Julie Garwood. I would love to see my stories reach the heights of these authors!
9- Who or What inspired you to write this book?
- This, and all of my writing so far, is inspired by my love of story writing, my husband’s belief in my abilities, real news stories and life events – my own and those of acquaintances – and their interesting twists.
10- What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
- Readers will love the romantic tension between two of the characters…but which two?
Tagged for next week (Week 29) is one of my very talented writer friends.
Check out her blog next Wednesday, December 19th, when it’s her turn
to post answers to these same questions about her own work-in-progress!
Don’t forget to stop over at Leslie Berry’s blog, if you missed it last week!
What are you working on? Come on, share!